Week 5 is in the books!
Really quickly, I want to say thank you to everybody that’s stuck around so far and gave the newer format of this thing a positive review. The kind words mean a lot, and I’m happy to keep this thing going as long as we’re all still having a good time.
It also helps when me and another EMU guy (Vannzee) come out on top for Week 5.
|USERNAME||WEEK 5 POINTS|
While Vannzee and myself led the pool this week, we do not lead the league. Usual suspects Fitz and ColinApocalypse had 17 and 16 points respectively, and still lead the group with 126 and 124 points. I’m in third with 118. But Huron Boy, a longtime Pick ‘Em participant and another EMU fan in here, is in good position to close the gap with 111 points picked up this season, in fourth place. E-Scruff‘s in fifth with 104 points, and Mr. 69 has 102 points.
Nathan8848 and Da_Gerd both had the second-highest totals of the week with 18 points gained on Saturday, and now have 92 and 89 points for the season, respectively.
2019 MAC Football Pick ‘Em Leaderboard (thru Week 5)
Click here if the spreadsheet embed below isn’t showing on your end.
Here’s how everybody picked:
ONE POINT: NIU at Vanderbilt winner
- 80% correctly picked Vanderbilt
- 20% picked NIU
ONE POINT: BYU at Toledo winner
- 53.5% correctly picked Toledo
- 46.7% picked BYU
THREE POINTS: Buffalo at Miami winner
- 20% correctly picked Miami
- 80% picked Buffalo
THREE POINTS: CMU at WMU winner
- 93.3% correctly picked WMU
- 6.7% picked CMU
ONE POINT: Akron at UMass winner
- 26.7% correctly picked UMass
- 73.3% picked Akron
FOUR POINTS: MAC’s highest-scoring team of the weekend?
- Nobody correctly picked Miami (34)
- 66.7% picked WMU
- 20% picked Akron
- 6.7% picked CMU
- 6.7% picked Toledo
FOUR POINTS: MAC’s lowest-scoring team of the weekend?
- 13.3% correctly picked CMU (15)
- 46.7% picked NIU
- 40% picked Miami
TWO POINTS: How many passing TD will Riley Neal have vs. NIU?
- 80% correctly picked 2 or fewer (1)
- 20% picked 3 or more
TWO POINTS: Which Buffalo WR will finally get his first TD of the season?
- 73.3% correctly picked Antonio Nunn
- 6.7% picked Marlyn Johnson
- 6.7% picked Daniel Lee
- 6.7% picked Tito Overton
- 6.7% picked “none of these guys will score this week”
TWO POINTS: How many total yards will Bryant Koback have vs. BYU?
- 73.3% correctly picked 149 or fewer (88)
- 26.7% picked 150 or more
TWO POINTS: I’m setting the OVER/UNDER for Buffalo at Miami at 52.5.
- 20% correctly picked OVER (54)
- 80% picked UNDER
TWO POINTS: Who wins the turnover battle in CMU at WMU?
- 93.3% correctly picked WMU (2)
- 6.7% picked CMU (1)
TWO POINTS: CMU at WMU’s leader in passing efficiency?
- 86.7% correctly picked Jon Wassink (or backup) (137.2 for Wassink)
- 13.3% picked David Moore (or backup) (125.0 for Moore)
TWO POINTS: I’m setting the OVER/UNDER for CMU at WMU at 68.5 points.
- 73.3% correctly picked UNDER (46)
- 26.7% picked OVER
SIX PIONTS: Pick six more winners in these select 10 non-MACtion games. Gotta get them all right.
In the three previous Pick ‘Ems, only one person would come away with the six-point win here each time. How many winners did we have this week, Ice Cube?
Congrats to Vannzee, Toledo Seahawks, and Karp for getting your non-MACtion picks right!
Vannzee’s picks: Appalachian State over Coastal Carolina, Washington over USC, Stanford over Oregon State, Utah State over Colorado State, TCU over Kansas, and Michigan State over Indiana.
Toledo Seahawks’ picks: Appalachian State over Coastal Carolina, Cincinnati over Marshall, Stanford over Oregon State, Western Kentucky over UAB, Utah State over Colorado State, and Houston over North Texas.
Karp’s picks: Cincinnati over Marshall, Stanford over Oregon State, Western Kentucky over UAB, Houston over North Texas, TCU over Kansas, and Michigan State over Indiana.
Here are all the final scores for the 10 games to pick from, ranked by popularity of correct picks:
- 12- TCU 51, Kansas 14
- 12- Utah State 34, Colorado State 24
- 11- App. State 56, Coastal Carolina 37
- 11- Michigan State 40, Indiana 31
- 9- Stanford 31, Oregon State 28
- 8- Cincinnati 52, Marshall 14
- 5- Houston 46, N. Texas 25
- 5- Washington 28, USC 14
- 2- WKU 20, UAB 13
- 0- Baylor 23, Iowa State 21
Congrats again to everybody not named Fitz. Will new picks go live on Monday like usual? You betcha.