2019 MAC Football Pick ‘Em Leaderboard (thru Week 1)
Congrats to Colinapocalypse, Fitz, Mr. 69, E-Scruff, and Da_Gerd all putting up 30+ points this week! There are a few more that have potential to get in that category pending the results of the Week 1 games lingering into tonight and tomorrow, but I’ll tell you more about that after the jump.
Here’s the complete leaderboard so far. Click here to see the week-by-week points totals.
Here’s what everybody picked:
ONE POINT: Albany @ CMU winner
- 100% correctly picked CMU
- 0% picked Albany
TWO POINTS: Who will lead the Chips in rushing that game? (write-in)
- 11 correctly wrote in Jonathan Ward
ONE POINT: Kent State @ Arizona State winner
- 93% picked Arizona State
- 7% picked Kent State
TWO POINTS: Who will lead Kent State in receptions that game? (write-in)
- 7 correctly wrote in Antwan Dixon
ONE POINT: Morgan State @ BGSU winner
- 100% correctly picked BGSU
- 0% picked Morgan State
TWO POINTS: Will BGSU hold Morgan State to two or fewer offensive touchdowns?
- 26.7% correctly picked yes
- 73.3% picked no
ONE POINT: Robert Morris @ Buffalo winner
- 100% picked Buffalo
- 0% picked Robert Morris
TWO POINTS: How many TD passes will Matt Myers have? (write-in)
- 8 correctly wrote in two
ONE POINT: Akron @ Illinois winner
- 93.8% correctly picked Illinois
- 6.3% picked Akron
TWO POINTS: How many turnovers will Akron’s defense have?
- 1 correctly picked zero
- 6 picked 1
- 7 picked two
- 2 picked three
ONE POINT: Toledo @ Kentucky winner
- 81.3% correctly picked Kentucky
- 18.8% picked Toledo
TWO POINTS: How many passes will Carter Bradley throw?
- 20% correctly picked 10-19
- 13.3% picked 20+
- 40% picked 1-9
- 26.7% picked 0
ONE POINT: Ball State vs. Indiana winner (at Lucas Oil Stadium)
- 87.5% correctly picked Indiana
- 12.5% picked Ball State
TWO POINTS: How many passing yards will Drew Plitt have?
- 86.7% correctly picked 300 or fewer
- 13.3% picked 300+
ONE POINT: Rhode Island @ Ohio winner
- 100% correctly picked Ohio
- 0% picked Rhode Island
TWO POINTS: Will Kurtis Rourke see the field?
- 43.8% correctly picked no
- 56.3% picked yes
ONE POINT: EMU @ Coastal Carolina winner
- 93.8% correctly picked EMU
- 6.3% picked Coastal Carolina
TWO POINTS: First EMU defender to record a TFL?
- 3 correctly wrote in Brody Hoying
ONE POINT: Illinois State @ NIU winner
- 93.8% correctly picked NIU
- 6.3% picked Illinois State
TWO POINTS: Tre Harbison will have __ touchdowns
- 0% picked zero, the correct answer
- 50% picked 1
- 43.8% picked 2
- 6.3% picked 3+
ONE POINT: Monmouth @ WMU winner
- 100% correctly picked WMU
- 0% picked Monmouth
TWO POINTS: Which Bronco WR will have the most receptions?
Note: DaShon Bussell and Giovanni Ricci both led the team with five receptions each. Pickers for Bussell and others will both get points here.
- 18.8% correctly picked DaShon Bussell
- 18.8% correctly picked other
- 56.3% picked Jaylen Hall
- 6.3% picked Keith Mixon
ONE POINT: Miami @ Iowa winner
- 100% correctly picked Iowa
- 0% picked Miami
TWO POINTS: How many offensive TDs will Miami score?
- 100% correctly picked 2 or fewer
- 0% picked 3+
TEN POINTS: Name 10 more FBS programs (not in the MAC) that will win their games on Saturday. (write-in)
- If you picked nine games correctly, but included Tennessee in your 10, you received zero points. This is mostly an all-or-nothing endeavor
- Some people thought they were slick and picked Iowa, even though they played a MAC team. In this, I said “10 more FBS programs (not in the MAC) that will win their games…” which I guess I technically didn’t rule Iowa out, but we all know you’re just double-dipping points here, since you already got the Iowa-Miami picks right. I respect you all shooting your shots, but I’m capping the few of you that did this at seven points instead of 10.
- We’re still waiting on Oklahoma vs. Houston tonight and Notre Dame vs. Louisville tomorrow.
- Somebody included the Week 0 games in Week 1 winners? I don’t know why, but I’ll let you have three points max.
For the most part, everybody’s write-in selections were right (Alabama over Duke, Clemson over Georgia Tech, etch.) but these three games tripped a few people up:
- North Carolina over South Carolina
- Georgia State over Tennessee
- Boise State over Florida State
- Notre Dame over Louisville
Of the 16 pickers this week, nine received a full 10 points and one received 7 points. Congrats to Fitz, Da_Gerd, E-Scruff, jk52, Huron Boy, me, ColinApocalypse, Karp, Robert Tomlinson, and Mr. 69 for the extra points in this round!
Stay tuned tomorrow morning for when the Week 2 picks go live!