Screenshot of Myles McNeal via Hudl
CB Myles McNeal commits to EMU
Eastern Michigan got its first commitment for the 2020 cycle right after the spring game finished up on Saturday. First to commit is Myles McNeal, an in-state cornerback out of Grand Blanc.
McNeal was first offered by rival Central Michigan back in December, followed by Bowling Green, EMU, Eastern Kentucky, Youngstown State, Austin Peay, Tennessee State and Alabama State. The defensive back is listed at 5-10, 180 pounds.
The defensive back didn’t tweet out an announcement, but his Twitter bio reads that he’s committed, and people are congratulating him on his decision to commit and he’s engaging with those notes positively, which is enough confirmation for me.
By my count, there are still three MAC schools without a pledge for the 2020 recruiting cycle: Akron, BGSU and CMU.
More recent MAC commits
- Ohio’s third commit for this year’s cycle, all on the offensive side of the ball, is a quarterback! C.J. Harris from West Bloomfield, Mich. pledged earlier this week.
- 2019 QB Ben Tarpey will join Miami this year.
- K/P Dominic Dzioban is the eighth commitment for Miami’s 2020 class.
- Kent State gets its second commit for this year’s cycle, RB Marquez Cooper from the DMV (D.C./Maryland/Virginia).
- 2020 S Daveren Rayner from Indianapolis committed to Northern Illinois
- On Saturday, Akron-native Tariq Williamson made his commitment to Toledo — the fourth person to join the class.
- The first MAC commit for the month of April came on the eighth with OL Tommy Lorincz, who will be moving from Avon, Ohio to Muncie, Ind. to join Ball State. The Cardinals have four commits so far.